Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What did you learn? From your project? From class discussion?


EOC Week 6

What did you learn? From your project? From class discussion?


This project gave me a deeper understanding of how people think and react to different scenarios like packaging.  Although, my product was not based on traditional guidelines for fragrances because of my target demographic, I did come to the realization that packaging has more to do with the success of a product as opposed to the price point for this demographic.  I also gained a better understanding of the different types of questions based on the classes’ questions and how their information was gathered and defined.  That information changed the outcome of the report that was done.

The class discussion brought to light several different scenarios that changed my thinking on the product image.  I think the most impactful point brought up was the example of the salad bowl.  The grocery store does not sell the single serving size salad in a square bowl even though it would be more convenient to store an item in a square container.  Instead they sell the single serving size salad in a round bowl because that depicts the image associated with eating the salad.

My project was based on a great idea and concept but I put too much into the cost instead of the story and the packaging of the project.  In defining the packaging it gives the consumer a bigger image of the product projecting a story of the wearer to associate and connect with.  In the event that I did create this fragrance I would use a small atomizer instead of a canned fragrance like a deodorant.  The canned fragrance would have been associated with a lower price point like something that could be purchased at a grocery store of drug store which is not where I want to be.  In the future I find that it would be helpful to not only work in a group, because of the information you can piggyback off of but, it gives you a broader base of information because not everyone asks the same sample questions.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment